The Lower School program at Agnon provides students with a strong foundation in reading, language arts, social studies, math, science, Hebrew and Judaics. Our unique teaching approach integrates these subjects into a connected whole illustrating how subjects are related.
A child’s curiosity stimulates questions. The art of asking questions is a strength that students must learn to generate solutions for the 21st century. Our project-based curriculum fosters basic skills as researchers and problem solvers and encourages students to use imagination and develop critical thinking ability.
The Lower School Division:
- Encourages daily reading and writing
- Builds a strong math foundation
- Utilizes a hands-on science program
- Builds computer skills with computers in each classroom and a computer lab
- Teaches Hebrew through reading, writing, and speaking
- Provides daily T’fillah, weekly Kabbalat Shabbat, and other Jewish holiday celebrations
- Encourages creativity and expression through music and art programs